Bulgur Wheat Pancake, a healthy breakfast for pregnant women.
Recipe Link : www.tarladalal.com/Bulgur-Wheat-Pancakes-2935r
Subscribe : goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
DE-film Channel: de-film.com/us/TarlaDalalsKitchenfeatured
Google Plus: plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Bulgur Wheat Pancake
Bulgur wheat proves to be a good breakfast food, as it provides an adequate amount of energy (calories) and protein. Since your body requires calcium, the addition of curds improves the calcium content of the recipe. These pancakes are ideal for your second trimester as they are rich in fibre and will ease your digestive problems too.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Soaking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 14 mini pancakes.
¾ cup fine broken wheat (dalia / bulgur wheat)
¼ cup curds (dahi)
½ cup finely chopped cabbage
1 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
1 tsp green chilli paste
A pinch asafoetida (hing)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
1. Soak the bulgur wheat in enough hot water in a bowl for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
2. Combine the bulgur wheat, curds and ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
3. Transfer the bulgur wheat mixture into a bowl, add the cabbage, wheat flour, besan¸ green chilli paste, asafoetida, salt, coriander and ¼ cup of water and mix well.
4. Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
5. Pour a spoonful of the batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round. You can make 7 pancakes at a time.
6. Cook each pancake, using ⅛ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 7 more pancakes in one more batch.
Serve hot with green chutney.
Nutritive values per pancake
Energy: 42 kcal
Protein: 1.0 gm
Carbohydrate: 6.9 gm
Fat: 1.1 gm
Fibre: 0.5 gm
Calcium: 12.6 mg